Download Monroe Cultural District Map
CULTURAL DISTRICTS PROGRAM OVERVIEW
- Allows a local government to designate a Cultural District for the purpose of revitalizing a community by creating a hub of cultural activity.
- Allows income and corporate franchise tax credits for eligible expenses for rehabilitation of owner-occupied or revenue generating historic structures in a Cultural District.
- Provides an exemption from sales and use taxes for proceeds received from the sale of original, one-of-a-kind works of art from locations established within the Cultural District.
- Requires local governments who designate such districts to report on impact to their community annually.
- Requires CRT to collate reports received and submit a single report to the legislature biannually beginning in 2011.
- Supported by the Louisiana Partnership for the Arts (over 300 state organizations and patrons), the Louisiana Cultural Economy Foundation, St. Tammany Parish Chamber of Commerce, Louisiana Travel Promotion Association (LTPA), Louisiana Association of Convention and Visitors Bureaus (LACVB), Louisiana Hotel-Motel Association, the Louisiana Crafts Guild, Director - Contemporary Arts Center, and Louisiana Restaurant Association.